Sunday, November 15, 2015

MUTSU PENINSULA, JAPAN

Sunday, November 1st

There was a big squadron party Halloween night. I made an oven out of a big box that could open to reveal my "bun" in the oven. Nick was the "bun maker." I'm so sad that after all the hard work I put into making that darn costume, I didn't get a single photo! Doh! Oh well! And to top it off, we left the party at about 9pm. Haha! 

We got up early the next morning and drove straight up to the tip of the Mutzu Peninsula, or "hatchet," as we American's like to call it. 



We were greeted by these wild horses. They were so big, and furry! I think the black one was pregnant.

I had thought ahead to bring some carrots with me. The horses wouldn't leave us alone after they discovered them!


We drove a bit farther to check out the Shiriyazaki lighthouse. It was quite windy, and Nick only had summer clothes on; so we didn't last very long.


On our way back to Misawa, we stopped at a beach in hopes that we would find glass floats. We stopped at the "deserted jellyfish beach" recommended to us by some friends. We never found any glass floats, unfortunately, but we had a good walk on the beach.

Nick had fun chasing the large flock of birds.


Nick also found a starfish! Maybe we should rename this starfish beach. :)

We had fun exploring and can't wait to explore more of Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment