Sunday, November 15, 2015

BIG BUDDHA NEAR AOMORI, JAPAN

Wednesday, November 4th

Since the guys had a big exercise going on the first week of November, a few wives decided to go to Big Buddha near Aomori. I had no idea what to expect. It could have been a restaurant, park, or temple for all I knew.

After about an hour and a half drive, I discovered it was a little of all of those things. We walked through a forested area, and up a hefty hill to a zen garden and on to see the biggest Buddha I've ever seen.


I love the changing colors of fall. It is by far my favorite season.


These little windmills were placed in the ground as a small memorial to children. 

Here was one of my first looks at the Big Buddha. He towered over the trees.


That's a BIG buddha!!

What were we doing here, you ask? Sumo pose? Squatty-potty pose? You'll never know! :)

After viewing Big Buddha, we drove on to Aomori for lunch at Tony Roma's. The girls were craving American style food. I had just gotten back from the States a week before, but I didn't mind another taste of America. It didn't disappoint! 
I was surprised, however, by the size of Aomori. It's a small Tokyo. Hopefully, Nick and I will be able to go back one day to explore. 



No comments:

Post a Comment