Sunday, November 15, 2015

BACK TO 'MERICA

October 3rd -25th

After moving across the world from Italy to Japan in mid-September, Nick and I packed our bags again two weeks later and headed to Iowa for his twin sister's wedding. 
I hadn't been back to the States in over 2 years! I was so ready for a little slice of 'Merica. 

After a train ride and two long flights, we made it to Saint Louis, Missouri. We spent a few days there visiting our college, college friends, and old stomping grounds. 



It felt so good to be back at our college. Nick and I have so many great memories from there. 


Since we're expecting our first baby (yay!) we decided to have a gender reveal sonogram done in STL before driving up to Iowa. I was 99.9% sure I was having a boy...and I was 100% wrong.

When we arrived to Mt. Pleasant, I ordered some cupcakes with the appropriate color frosting inside. We presented the cupcakes to Nick's family after lunch one day. We made them all guess what we were having before they bit into the cupcakes. Everyone said it was a boy except Susan! She was right! It's a girl!! Hearing their shrieks of joy when they saw the bright pink inside the cupcakes was so fun! 





Frederic helped us capture the moment outside on the farm.


The family spent the week preparing for the wedding. (Well, most of the family did. I spent a bit of time sleeping.) :)

I didn't hardly keep my camera on me either! I wish I had taken more photos, but I find that I don't tend to take photos of places I've been before. It's a bad habit.

The wedding went off without a hitch thanks to Emilie's thorough planning. I got to walk down the aisle with Nick and Ebony, Emilie's dog. She was very well-behaved other than letting one "rip" in the middle of the ceremony. We couldn't contain our laughter. :)


After the ceremony, we rode down the street to a barn for the reception. 
Can you spot the French man in the corn field? :)



These were the people-movers for the day. The tractors pulled guests to and from the the reception.

Cousin Benjamin and Aunt Blandine

This cute little girl was the flower girl. She's holding onto Ebony, aka "tootie."

We couldn't take any photos during the ceremony, so I snapped a few during the rehearsal. Emilie was wearing her mom's wedding dress that she had altered to be more modern for the rehearsal. It looked amazing on her!


The rehearsal crowd.


Ebony wanted to be right at Emilie's feet. She was so confused with all the action going on!


It was a perfect wedding! Loved getting to see family and share in all the joy!

Nick flew back to Japan, and I stayed with family in California for two weeks. It went by way too fast! That was my last trip back to the States before the baby will be born. That's exciting to think!



No comments:

Post a Comment