Wednesday, May 29, 2013

PROSECCO ROAD

My friend Lizzie had some relatives in town that wanted to get out and explore, so we all headed to Strada del Prosecco or Prosecco Road. It's about 40 minutes from Sacile. We weren't exactly sure how to find it, so we went to one of the largest landmarks near Prosecco Road: Castello di Conigliano.

Here we are at the castle in Conigliano; it was a great starting point to our adventures. Once we were there we were able to get better directions to our destination. 


These signs were very helpful!



Our first views of the vineyards!

We meandered through the winding roads lined with wineries. My goal was to try and find as many empty demijohns as possible. Demijohns are large glass bottles that the Italians put their wine in. You can find them in the Pottery Barn catalog for hundreds of dollars, or you can buy them in Italy for a few Euro. 




Unfortunately, I wasn't successful in my search for demijohns, but I loved the scenery! These local boys were wearing cropped jeans! It's hard to tell from the photo, but they looked like women's jeans.







More poppies! My favorite!

My coke had a delicious full-bodied flavor. :) I got some funny looks walking around with my coke in the wineries. Oh well! Lizzie, her family, and Sarah all had a great time tasting, and I had an amazing time enjoying the scenery and company! I'd love to go back some time! It was beautiful and fun!



1 comment:

  1. Jealous of the visitors. Who knows? Maybe Matt, AB and I will make it out to visit before you return to the States. That'd be awesome! We met an Italian family at the beach today and thought of you guys - miss ya!

    ReplyDelete