Monday, April 29, 2013

CERVIA, ITALY

Anyone heard of Cervia, Italy? Me either. Our friend Liz Dowd told us about a kite festival in Cervia. What better place to go to a kite festival than a beach town in Italy?


Cervia's a quick 3 or possibly 10 hour drive depending on traffic. :)

We arrived to the sleepy town and headed toward the shore. We got to walk through this mini forest from the town to the beach.


When we first arrived there wasn't much wind, so we got to see these lifeless kites along the beach.


Liz and Nick passed some time by flying Nick's kite boarding kite.


There was a large bazaar area with food, shops, and bouncy castles. 

The wind was howling at that point, so we went over to check out the large kites. I wish I had taken videos of some of these kites because the horse looked like it was galloping. 

These were my favorite little kites. 

Liz playing in the colorful kites.


I almost felt like I was in NY for the Macy's Parade.






We had a great day on the beach! I've never seen so many kites in one place! Thanks for the great recommendation, Liz!

1 comment: