Sunday, January 10, 2016

POLAR BEAR SWIM 2016

January 1st, 2016

This year, Nick somehow got a group together to join him in his crazy tradition of swimming in freezing water on New Years Day.

We drove to Veedol Beach about 15 minutes from us.
I've never in my life seen snow on a beach before this!

The one guy with a monster truck convinced us all to drive out onto the beach. 4 out of 5 cars got stuck including ours. 
The polar bear swim should have taken about 10 minutes, but we ended up on the beach for 2 hours. Ha! 

Someone didn't bring warm weather shoes because he thought we wouldn't be long. :) (cough, cough...my husband.)

The 5 crazy peeps participating in the plunge! 

And the first one in is Anna!

The two girls made it in the water before any of the guys. Haha!

Anna, and Kate were on their way out when Jonathan jumped in. You could hear them gasp for air when they came up from the frigid water. 

Then....then there's Nick and Punch. Oh, boy! 
I should write that he actually was wearing a speedo, but even that was maybe a little too risqué for the blog. I had fun blurring the image so that now it looks like he wasn't wearing anything. Haha!


Hahahahahah! I can't stop laughing! It was too funny!

Angelique and Jonathan

Dublin and Kate

I started to take couple photos, but realized that it was easier just to take a group shot.
The 5 crazy people that did the dip, and their families! 
I hope this is a start to a new tradition with more people!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment