Saturday, July 14, 2012

COUNT DOWN HAS BEGUN...

..To ITALY!!!! That's right! Nick and I are moving to Italy for 3 years, thanks to the US Air Force. It will be our first official base! Nick has been in training for the past 3 years. We started in the little town of Del Rio, TX at Laughlin AFB. Nick earned his pilot wings, during our 2 years there, and I got to work at an adorable boutique called, "Buffalo Girls." The past year we've been at Luke AFB in Phoenix, AZ, which has been amazing being back in civilization, and being so close to family. Now, our next big adventure is ITALY!! I can't stop writing it in caps because it's ITALY! 
We leave in T minus 7 days to head to Baltimore, MD. In that time, we need to finish renting our house out, and we'll have movers here for 4 days packing all of our junk. It's a little sad thinking about leaving Phoenix. We are leaving behind our first and only house we've ever purchased, and the beautiful pool we just put in our backyard. We'll also be leaving behind Nordstrom, Anthropologie, In n Out, and Pinkberry frozen yogurt - four of my favorite places in the world! (Don't judge.) I'll also miss having family just a short driving distance away. I recently realized it has been over 10 years since I've been driving distance away from my family because of school and work. This year has certainly been refreshing and revitalizing, like an herbal essence commercial. :)
There are a few times I've gotten caught up with all of the paperwork, and busy work of packing when I have to stop and remind myself ...that I'm moving to ITALY! (ok, I'll stop now) We are both very excited! I'm already thinking of all the places I want to visit: Venice, Rome, Florence, Milan, Tuscany, Greece, Turkey, Gravy..oops! (Not the last one.) I'm also super excited about Aviano AB and all of the new friends we'll meet. 
But for now, it's time to pack...


7 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm so impressed...yer a blogger now!! You furrgot to mention yer furry children...or are they getting their own blog???;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They SHOULD have their own blog, but I'll be sure to mention them in the next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's ITALY, but how will you live with out Anthro and In N Out?! I guess pizza, gelato and Milan will fill the gap! Can't wait to read about the rest of your adventures! Adding your blog my my Bloglovin list so i don't miss a beat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jo! I'll definitely have to come back a couple times just to get my fix of Antho and In n Out, but I am so looking forward to the new foods over there...and shopping of course! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to visit Gravy too! I'll keep on the look out for good travel deals. I've heard that sometimes there are package deals where you can be in Gravy for 5 business days and on the weekends prior to and after hop over to Mashed Potatoe and Cranberry Sauce, other hot spots less visited.

    p.s. I would hardly refer to your stuff as 'junk'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emilie,
    You are too funny! We will definitely visit Gravy when you come visit us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally understand why you have to write ITALY! Thanks for doing the blog, so we can all live vicariously!

    ReplyDelete